Best AIOps Tools for Small to Medium Sized Enterprises in 2023
AIOps platforms are expected to be worth about $80.2 billion by 2032, making them a significant part of operational excellence across various industries.
And why not, they have become critical looking at the challenges that IT teams face – heterogeneous systems, alert avalanche, data overload, high false alerts, and collaboration issues.
AIOps tools streamline monitoring, facilitate swift issue resolution, and aid performance optimization. However, understanding the diverse scope of the AIOps tools available in the market is essential.
Some AIOps tools, like AppDynamics, are domain-specific, while others, like BigPanda, are domain-agnostic. While some tools offer only supervised learning, Sniper by appNeura offers a combination of supervised and unsupervised learning.
Choosing the right AIOps solution for small and medium-sized businesses can be challenging due to the abundance of options available. Our comprehensive review of the best AIOps Tools is here to guide SMBs in making the right choice.
Let’s get started.
Key Features to Consider When Selecting AIOps Tools for SMBs
By ensuring system availability and uptime, AIOps tools have become critical for SMBs. Here are some non-negotiable features that SMBs must consider when choosing AIOps tools:
- Noise Reduction: Minimize alert fatigue by filtering out irrelevant alerts and focusing on critical issues.
- Root Cause Analysis: Uncover the source of IT incidents to remediate underlying problems effectively.
- Recommendations for Resolving Issues: Actionable suggestions to expedite incident resolution and prevent recurrence.
- Centralized Incident Management Dashboard: Gain a unified view of all incidents for better coordination and visibility.
- Predictive Analytics: Harness historical data analysis to anticipate and proactively address potential incidents before they happen.
By prioritizing these features, Small to Medium Sized Enterprises can optimize their IT operations, improve incident management efficiency, and ensure stable system performance.
List Of Best AIOps Tools
In this post, we have comprehensively reviewed the eight best AIOps tools for SMBs. We’ve meticulously gathered information on case studies, costs, advantages, limitations, and features, as well as reviews from reputable sites like Gartner Peer Insights, G2, and TrustRadius.
This well-rounded approach ensures SMBs have the requisite knowledge to make an informed decision.
Introducing appNeura Sniper, the AI-powered AIOps Incident Management Platform by Avekshaa Technologies.
Sniper leverages AI/ML and big data technologies to streamline IT monitoring, consolidating alerts and events efficiently. It reduces the workload that would take humans hours to complete using automated analysis and correlation.
appNeura’s Sniper uses advanced algorithms to detect anomalies and deviations, offering resolution recommendations to the IT teams, which helps SMBs to expedite incident response, minimize downtime, and optimize IT operations.
The platform supports integrations with many platforms and tools, such as:
- APM: Dynatrace, Appdynamics, Zabbix, Datadog, Newrelic
- Cloud: AWS
- Open Source: FileBeat, MetricBeat
- Ticketing Tools: JIRA, Freshdesk, and Lighthouse
SMBs can optimize their ITOps processes with Sniper’s powerful features:
- Alert Noise Reduction
Sniper’s advanced alert noise reduction and correlation feature transforms the alert avalanche into a few manageable incidents, allowing IT teams to respond quickly. It utilizes machine learning to handle cascading alert storms from multiple APM tools efficiently.
The platform reduces noise and alert fatigue by identifying alert correlations and eliminating duplicate alerts. As a result, alerts can be reduced by up to 90%. This allows SMBs to optimize their ITOps processes and prioritize critical incidents.
- Metric Causal and Analysis and Correlation
Metric causal and correlation analysis in IT operations help identify how different metrics or events influence each other. This assists in discovering root causes and recognizing patterns or anomalies in the data.
Sniper’s Metric Correlation feature, powered by machine learning and pattern recognition, efficiently handles this by detecting relationships among various metrics. It utilizes clustering techniques to quickly locate incident root causes, significantly cutting down the Mean Time to Detect (MTTD) and Mean Time to Repair (MTTR).
Furthermore, Sniper’s proactively links incidents across multiple data sources, revealing hidden relationships. This enables IT teams to swiftly identify and resolve incidents, upholding optimal system performance.
- Probable Root Cause Analysis
Sniper’s Probable Root Cause Analysis (PRCA) engine, harnessing both supervised and unsupervised learning, provides significant advantages:
- Improved Efficiency: Swiftly identifies root causes of incidents using advanced algorithms, leading to quicker issue resolution and enhanced ITOps efficiency.
- Reduced Errors: Automated root cause analysis minimizes the possibility of human errors that could occur during manual analysis.
- Proactive Detection and Resolution: Detects deviations and anomalies, alerting the ITOps team to potential issues before they escalate, enabling proactive resolution.
- Mitigated Future Risks: Helps prevent recurring issues by identifying root causes of past incidents, thereby increasing system reliability and reducing downtime.
- Cost Optimization: Automates the analysis process, leading to reduced manual effort, saving operational time, and costs.
In dynamically changing environments, Sniper’s unsupervised PRCA distinguishes itself by identifying correlations among metrics and adapting to new alerts, on its own, allowing ITOps teams to concentrate on critical tasks.
- NLP-based Resolution Recommendations
Sniper’s NLP-based Recommendation Engine provides proactive and actionable solutions for incident resolution. The engine utilizes a knowledge base, including 5000 resolved technical problems. It also gathers information from technical documents, online articles, and user feedback. Here’s how it assists IT teams for incident resolution:
- Actionable Recommendations: Engineers are presented with suggested actions for analyzing and resolving alerts or incidents. These recommendations are generated based on past solutions to similar issues.
- Customizable Recommendations: Engineers have the option to edit and rank the provided recommendations, allowing for tailored solutions.
- Accelerated Resolutions: If a team has resolved a similar incident and documented the solution, the Recommendation Engine will automatically populate suggestions based on this prior knowledge. This accelerates the resolution process, as the team can refer to previously successful strategies.
- Resolution Rating: Engineers can also mark the resolutions as helpful or not helpful, thus helping fellow engineers to follow the most useful resolution to address an issue.
Ultimately this leads to reduced MTTR and improved business continuity.
Sniper eases observability by leveraging AI/ML technologies to analyze metrics and identify anomalies from multiple-sourced data.
It enables distributed tracing, allowing IT teams to identify issues, troubleshoot problems, and optimize performance.
Pros of Sniper
Here are the advantages of using Sniper.
- Recommendation engine consists of a knowledge base with 5000+ solved complex technical issues.
- Unsupervised probable root cause analysis (PRCA) features advanced clustering algorithms and automatic anomaly detection.
- It’s a brainchild of a highly proficient performance engineering team with decades of experience.
Limitations of Sniper
While Sniper has many features, the following areas can be improved.
- Needs third-party monitoring tools.
- It provides support for ITOps only.
To learn about Sniper’s pricing, SMBs can request a free demo.
AppDynamics AIOps platform utilizes ML capabilities to identify performance issues in applications and infrastructure automatically.
With AppDynamics, SMBs can perform rapid root cause analysis and efficiently solve problems.
Source – AppDynamics
Here are the main features of AppDynamics
- Contextual Trace Visualization Capability
AppDynamics Cloud integrates contextual trace visualization with OpenTelemetry distributed tracing for improved troubleshooting of application issues and optimizing customer experiences.
- Issue Detection
It can identify anomalies by considering historical behavior using algorithmic capabilities. The platform can automatically detect whether the transaction is normal or not. It sends an alert if the transaction is found abnormal.
- Root Cause Analysis and Troubleshooting
The graph traversal algorithm can identify the cause of the anomalous transaction. Slow databases, remote service cells, and slow methods analyze the suspected cause of abnormal transactions.
- Extensibility of the Cisco FSO Platform
The Cisco Full-Stack Observability (FSO) Platform enables developers to build observability solutions, gaining insights across the technology and business stack for informed decisions.
Pros of AppDynamics
According to user reviews, the following are the benefits of using AppDynamics:
Limitations of AppDynamics
Although Appdynamics has many benefits, it is crucial to consider its potential drawbacks.
AppDynamics: Case Study
Alaska Airlines partnered with AppDynamics to improve understanding of their cloud ecosystem and reduce performance issues.
Alaska Airlines improved its performance and reduced outages by 60% with AppDynamics‘ monitoring capabilities. They saved time and resources by decreasing levels 1 and 2 outages in the first year.
The Airlines used AppDynamics to monitor their hybrid cloud environment efficiently, enabling proactive resolution of performance issues, improving customer experience, and ensuring critical services were always available.
AppDynamics offers five flexible pricing options, allowing Small to Medium Sized Enterprises to choose the edition that suits the enterprise’s needs based on features and functionality.
Source: AppDynamics pricing
AppDynamics: Customer Review
AppDynamics monitors infrastructure, databases, servers, API endpoints, and business operations. It offers easy accessibility with flow maps and multiple alert sources to detect software issues early. Users can customize their panel options.
3. New Relic
Using ML and advanced technologies, New Relic’s AIOps eliminate redundant alerts and help SMBs to focus on real issues.
The AIOps platform automates insights for alerting, incident identification, data correlation, and issue resolution.
Source: New Relic
The following are the key features of New Relic AIOps.
- Anomaly Detection
New Relic’s applied intelligence promptly alerts team about anomalies in the applications.
The two types of anomaly detection are –
- Automatic Detection– This provides a hands-off approach, notifying SMBs when application behavior deviates from the norm.
- Custom Detection – It increases team’s configurability. It enables proactive monitoring and efficient anomaly identification in APM-monitored applications.
- New Relic Lookout
This feature enables proactive issue detection and provides complete coverage monitoring without setup. It offers real-time visualization, swifter incident resolution, and data analysis for insights across the system.
- Correlation Logic with Decisions
New Relic utilizes correlation logic to group-related issues to reduce distracting and unnecessary alerts. The correlation logic is known as decisions.
There are three types of decisions:
- Global Decisions are automatically enabled.
- Suggested Decisions are based on correlation patterns. They can be previewed and activated.
- Custom Decisions can be tailored to specific use cases.
Pros of New Relic
After evaluating New Relic’s features, consider its advantages.
Limitations of New Relic
Based on user reviews, here are some drawbacks of New Relic:
New Relic: Case Study
William Hill, a trusted betting and gaming company, achieved an impressive 80% improvement in the mean time to resolution (MTTR) and a 25% increase in resolving priority one incident within 60 minutes by leveraging New Relic.
The company replaced its inadequate monitoring tools with New Relic’s reliable and real-time capabilities. The AIOps tool helped them to reduce downtime and gain valuable insights into the revenue impact of technical outages.
With the help of New Relic’s Impact Listener application, they correlated technical problems to business outcomes, drove continuous improvement, and experienced 100% reliability.
New Relic: Pricing
New Relic offers three pricing editions – Standard, Pro, and Enterprise.
Small to Medium Sized Enterprises can start free with the standard edition without providing credit card details.
New Relic: Customer Review
New Relic provides real-time application and infrastructure performance monitoring. Its user-friendly platform with visualizations and intuitive dashboards helps the team analyze and understand complex data more efficiently.
Datadog is an AIOps platform that collects and visualizes real-time data to enhance infrastructure observability. It identifies anomalies and predicts future performance by using machine learning, enabling proactive issue resolution.
Datadog offers auto-instrumentation, integrations, and consolidates IT tools for efficiency and collaboration.
Let’s take a closer look at the features the DataDog AIOps solution offers.
- Application-Wide Issue Auto-detection: Datadog monitors all application metrics and alerts potential issues automatically, even without specific dashboards or alerts.
- Predictive Forecasts: Datadog predicts metric behavior and growth, alerting engineers of unusual trending metrics based on seasonality.
- Watchdog( ML-based auto-detection engine): Watchdog can detect performance issues without the need for manual setup. This ensures that all probable problems are identified and addressed promptly.
- Outlier Detection Capability: Datadog’s machine learning can detect abnormal metric behavior in large data volumes, which may be difficult to identify manually.
Pros of Datadog
According to user reviews, Datadog offers the following benefits.
Limitations of Datadog
To get a complete review of DataDog, it’s essential to consider its possible drawbacks.
Datadog: Case Study
Automotus, a company that manages curbs, struggled with manually monitoring their IoT devices and cloud resources and the lack of visibility into them.
Using Datadog’s IoT Agent and unified platform, Automotus achieved the following:
- Its firmware releases increased by 3x
- Troubleshooting time reduced by 50%
- Production of devices has increased by 100%.
Datadog provides real-time visibility and troubleshooting, eliminating blind spots. Automotus has an incident response framework and monitoring capabilities that scale with its growing IoT fleet.
Thanks to the solution provided by Datadog, Automotus was able to improve its operations and offer top-notch services to its customers.
Datadog offers three pricing tiers for various categories: infrastructure, log management, and database monitoring.
We have discussed the prices for the following:
Infrastructure Management Pricing
Source: DataDog Infrastructure Pricing
Application Performance Monitoring Pricing
Incident Management Pricing
Log Management Pricing
Source: DataDog Log Management Pricing
Datadog: Customer Review
DataDog offers a complete monitoring and observability solution for all infrastructure components, such as frontend, database, backend, proxies, and servers.
Customizable dashboards display important metrics for optimizing performance and troubleshooting.
Splunk IT Service Intelligence (ITSI) is an AIOps platform that offers proactive insights, incident prevention, and efficient resolution for IT operations.
ITSI provides end-to-end visibility and effective problem resolution using ML capabilities.
The following are the critical features of Splunk AIOps.
- Thresholding- Fixed and Adaptive: SMBs can use machine learning to define adaptive or fixed thresholds to send the appropriate alert when behavior deviates from the expected norms.
- Service-oriented Dashboards: Performance dashboards can monitor KPIs and service availability.
- Intelligent Event Management: Splunk gathers data from various sources and enhances it. Instances are prioritized according to service score and impact using real-time automation to correlate events.
Pros of Splunk
Here are some of the advantages of Splunk:
Limitations of Splunk
According to user reviews, Splunk has a few drawbacks that should be considered:
- License cost depends on data ingestion and can be pricey
- Data scalability issues may arise with increased data
Splunk: Case Study
McLaren Racing, a prominent motorsports team, leveraged Splunk to enhance decision-making and foster innovation.
Splunk’s real-time data platform allowed McLaren to get actionable insights that enhanced their on-track performance in esports and Formula 1.
The AIOps platform analyzed 100kHz of data per second to improve race car development and ensure reliability in critical infrastructure.
With this partnership, McLaren was able to stay competitive in the fast-changing world of motorsports. They encouraged innovation and curiosity throughout the organization while effectively managing complex data from multiple racing series.
SMBs can buy Splunk ITSI through a Splunk Cloud subscription or Enterprise License.
Source – Splunk pricing
Contact Splunk’s pricing expert to learn more about the pricing.
Splunk: Customer Review
Splunk stands out in handling various data sources, providing real-time analytics, and offering extensive integration. It is preferred by users for its friendly UI and ability to create custom dashboards.
Moogsoft AIOps utilizes machine learning algorithms to analyze alerts and metrics, enabling quick root cause identification. It enhances IT team’s efficiency by reducing noise and automating workflows.
Let’s examine the features provided by the Moogsoft AIOps solution.
- Anomaly Detection: Moogsoft’s advanced machine learning and correlation techniques detect and prevent issues, ensuring uninterrupted operations.
- Correlation: Moogsoft’s correlation technology swiftly identifies issues and links alerts, assisting IT teams in pinpointing the root cause.
- Enrichment: Moogsoft’s enrichment feature automatically enhances troubleshooting by adding relevant data sources and reducing noise.
- Self-service: This feature offers on-demand observability, an easy-to-use interface, quick responses, and simple integrations.
Pros of Moogsoft
Moogsoft offers the following benefits based on user reviews:
Limitations of Moogsoft
Although Moogsoft is a top-performing observability and AIOps platform, customers have reported some limitations.
Moogsofy: Case Study
HCL Technologies, a leading global MSP, partnered with Moogsoft’s AIOps platform to address service assurance issues during enterprise hybrid cloud migration.
By utilizing Moogsoft’s socialized workflows and machine learning, HCL reduced mean time to restore (MTTR) by 33% and help desk tickets by 62%.
Moogsoft integrated with HCL’s DRYICE iAssure Platform for improved infrastructure visibility, event correlation, and agile transition. This resulted in faster incident management and reduced operational costs.
Moogsoft offers two pricing options: Free and Enterprise.
The enterprise option starts at $10K/Annually.
Contact their team for more information on volume-based pricing.
Source: Moogsoft pricing
Moogsoft: Customer Review
Moogsoft AIOps automatically applies statistical calculations and noise-reduction algorithms to alert data to reduce noise.
The platform offers users various benefits, including customizable event management capabilities, ease of use, and the ability to process large amounts of information.
While Moogsoft offers benefits, customers have reported limitations, including complex integrations, issues with bug fixes and patches for older versions, and custom work required for third-party APIs. As a result, users often seek alternative AIOps tools for their Small to Medium Sized Enterprises.
Check out this Moogsoft alternatives article for a list of suitable options.
PagerDuty’s AIOps solution helps teams reduce noise, streamline incident triage, and automate manual response.
The platform utilizes ML and proprietary AI to reduce complexity, automate incident response and prevent costly errors.
PagerDuty provides several valuable features outlined below:
- Noise Reduction: The noise reduction feature utilizes machine learning and data science to reduce system noise and alert fatigue.
- Triage and RCA: This feature leverages ML to quickly present critical information to responders, enabling quick incident identification, previous occurrences, and potential root cause related to changes.
- Automation and Orchestration: PagerDuty automates the resolution process and reduces human intervention using advanced automation capabilities.
- Visibility: This feature lets users easily monitor their ITOps in real time from a single interface.
Pros of PagerDuty
Moogsoft offers the following benefits:
Limitations of PagerDuty
Besides the numerous benefits of using PagerDuty, there are certain factors potential users should consider before choosing. These include:
PagerDuty: Case Study
Cloudflare is a cloud-based solution for performance and security that struggles with managing incidents, communication, and visibility.
PagerDuty allowed Cloudflare to have complete stack visibility, quickly respond to incidents, and streamline communication. With PagerDuty, the mean time to action was cut from minutes to seconds. This resulted in enhancing customer outcomes and service dependability.
The SRE team at Cloudflare benefited from automated event notifications, effective teamwork made possible by integrations with HipChat, and speedy expert mobilization.
Cloudflare chose PagerDuty as their incident response tool because of its easy integration and API functionality.
PagerDuty offers four tiers: Free, Professional, Business, and Digital Operations.
The Professional tier starts at $21/user/month. AIOps incurs an additional cost of $399/month.
Source: PagerDuty pricing
PagerDuty: Customer Review
PagerDuty automates response, reduces noise, and offers benefits like task scheduling and infrastructure reporting.
Due to this, seek alternative AIOps tools. To discover AIOps tools that can replace PagerDuty, visit our article on PagerDuty alternatives.
AIOps technology empowers BigPanda to quickly detect, respond to, and resolve IT incidents.
With BigPanda, IT operations teams can automate complex production environments efficiently.
The BigPanda AIOps solution offers several features.
- Alert Intelligence: Alert Intelligence converts events into actionable alerts, reducing noise by 90%. It offers advanced observability, data visualization, and event ingestion capabilities for effective monitoring.
- Incident Intelligence: This engine uses AI/ML to detect and correlate IT incidents, provide business context, enable rapid escalation, and analyze root causes.
- Unified Analytics: BigPanda provides deep insights, productivity monitoring, tool optimization, and recurring event detection and analysis for IT operations.
- Workflow Automation: BigPanda automates incident resolution to minimize manual effort and accelerate incident resolution.
Pros of BigPanda
These are the advantages of BigPanda:
Limitations of BigPanda
According to user reviews, BigPanda has a few drawbacks that should be considered:
- BigPanda’s support responds slowly, usually taking 3 to 5 days.
- Lack of ability to display alert count for specific instances
InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) experienced operational challenges and limited availability caused by fragmented monitoring systems.
IHG implemented BigPanda to consolidate events, reduce noise, and gain proactive visibility into alerts. This led to increased availability, reduced IT complexity, and improved productivity.
They lowered costs and optimized processes through actionable alerts and improved budget planning. Their partnership with BigPanda resulted in a 99.8% availability record and a transformed company culture.
Get in touch with BigPanda’s sales team to obtain the pricing structure.
BigPanda: Customer Review
BigPanda reduces MTTR through noise elimination, root cause identification, and automated incident management.
However, users have highlighted limitations like slower response, cost, and lack of specific alert count display. These limitations lead SMBs to seek out alternative AIOps tools. SMBs can find suitable alternatives to BigPanda by reading our articles on BigPanda alternatives.
appNeura – A Promising Choice for AIOps
In the pool of AIOps tools for Small to Medium Sized Enterprises, appNeura’s Sniper stands out as a promising option.
Sniper, developed by appNeura, is an affordable AIOps solution for SMBs to improve IT operations, reduce downtime, and increase overall reliability.
A key element of Sniper’s competitive advantage is its team of highly experienced performance engineers.
Sniper cuts down alert avalanches to a few critical incidents by leveraging the power of AI and machine learning.
Sniper’s resolutions recommendations are powered by a vast knowledge base of 5000+ complex cases and an unsupervised PRCA engine. This helps IT teams reduce MTTD and MTTR drastically.
Sign up for Sniper’s free trial today.