Choosing the Right Synthetic Monitoring Tool: A Guide to Catchpoint Alternatives
Finding the perfect synthetic monitoring tool can be a daunting task. Catchpoint has long held its ground.
Catchpoint’s synthetic monitoring offers comprehensive insights into web service availability and performance. It allows you to ??emulate full user transactions using real browsers for full page loads and comprehensive waterfall data analysis. It aids in minimizing risks associated with third-party APIs and dependencies, and accurately identifies downtime locations.
However, there are numerous Catchpoint alternatives offering competitive features and benefits in the market, like – appNeura, Dynatrace, New Relic, SpeedCurve and UpTrends.
This guide will help you navigate through these options, ensuring you’re well-equipped to make an informed choice tailored to your proactive monitoring needs.
Catchpoint Alternatives #1: appNeura
appNeura allows teams to identify user experience issues before they occur. By assessing how a system is likely to respond to user requests, the tool provides an opportunity to validate if it meets necessary performance testing and availability requirements.
Through continuous, proactive synthetic monitoring, appNeura helps teams assess a system’s response to unusual or infrequent requests, based on which team can take necessary steps to ensure that end-user experience remains unimpacted.
In the realm of synthetic monitoring, appNeura offers several benefits. Using the tool, you can:
- Actively simulate transactions and requests and see how your app or product would behave in the real world.
- Understand the availability and performance of all page transactions across different time periods, such as one day, one week, or even one month.
- Measure page-level details of every page in a transaction, such as rendering time, third-party calls, response time, and processing time.
- Monitor workflows with form data submission and user actions and test business logic and performance of back-end systems.
- Capture visual-based metrics to track user perception of every page load.
- Understand the relative performance of a site by comparing it against competition and/or other industry standard benchmarks.
- Get granular details of availability and performance metrics at the Country, Region, City, and Branch levels.
- Leverage the many capabilities of AI/ML technologies to monitor and manage app performance and drive better adoption and satisfaction.
Source – appNeura
Catchpoint Alternatives #2: Dynatrace
Dynatrace allows you to accurately emulate the path users might take when engaging with an application.
Dynatrace automatically keeps a tab on application uptime, showcasing how your app responds to typical user behavior. Using scripts, you can generate simulated user behavior for various scenarios, locations, device types, operating systems, form factors, and more. Through detailed analysis, you can unearth crucial insights into how well your app is performing and how satisfied your users are with the overall experience.
The tool offers several benefits in the realm of synthetic monitoring.
- Dynatrace facilitates performance testing from thousands of locations worldwide, emulating real user behavior.
- Dynatrace simplifies the simulation of business-critical customer journeys with a unique web-based recorder, enabling no-script monitoring of key workflows.
- It offers competitive benchmarking, enabling you to compare your site’s performance with competitors.
Catchpoint Alternatives #3: New Relic
New Relic’s synthetic monitoring tool enables the emulation of user experiences across various devices and throughout the lifecycle of your web application. This proactive approach helps safeguard your customers from any potential flaws in the user experience (UX).
New Relic synthetic monitoring provides several benefits:
- Enhances Build Quality: By proactively identifying underperforming entities like URLs, APIs, and services, it helps improve the quality of your builds.
- Speeds Up Troubleshooting: It allows swift troubleshooting by clearly indicating impacted services on the entity map.
- Facilitates Collaboration: It simplifies teamwork by auto-generating issues from impacted tests, promoting effective problem resolution.
- Offers Cost-Efficiency: With free ping checks forever and transparent pricing for add-ons, it provides value for money.
Source – New Relic
Catchpoint Alternatives #4: SpeedCurve
SpeedCurve’s synthetic monitoring capability provides precise performance tracking in a controlled environment with preset device and network settings. It also comes equipped with advanced debugging features, empowering users to detect, isolate, and resolve performance problems effectively.
SpeedCurve delivers several benefits in the realm of synthetic monitoring:
- SpeedCurve offers customizable browser profiles alongside default desktop and mobile browsers, facilitating comprehensive testing across consistent environments worldwide. This even extends to private test regions or areas behind firewalls.
- It integrates the open-source tool, Lighthouse, for quality auditing of webpages. Lighthouse scores and audits are generated with every test run and aggregated across all pages. This makes it easier to identify and address areas that can significantly enhance your website’s performance.
Source – SpeedCurve
Catchpoint Alternatives #5: Uptrends
Uptrends Synthetic Monitoring uses web browser emulation to conduct automated tests, simulating user interactions with your website. This provides valuable insights into user experiences, allowing for proactive detection and resolution of potential issues.
Using Uptrends, you can reap several synthetic monitoring benefits.
- Simulate slower load times and bandwidth connections
- Tapping into over 233 checkpoint servers spread across the globe
- Use the visual editor to easily build and edit scripts
Source – Uptrends
Invest in the Right Synthetic Monitoring Tool
Running automated synthetic tests is a great way to analyze and improve the performance of modern-day apps. But if you want to achieve the right outcomes from your synthetic monitoring efforts, you must invest in the right tools.
Modern tools use a combination of automation, AI, and ML technologies to streamline the process of synthetic monitoring. Instead of triggering transactions manually, these tools help keep up with evolving performance testing, availability, and user experience requirements.
Invest in the right tool today to make the synthetic testing process faster and more efficient. Learn how appNeura can help you improve the quality of your apps and boost your confidence in the things your app can achieve.